Thursday, October 22, 2009

And from henceforth, the manchild shall be called....

We have finally picked a name. We had narrowed it down to either Max or Graham, but we decided to take some time to get to know him before making the decision.

But before we make the reveal, I'd like to pay tribute to some of the names suggested to us by friends and family. One of the blessings of facebook, text messaging, etc is that friends and family who otherwise might not get a say in a decision such as this are able to make their voices heard. And now, in no particular order, here are some of our favorite suggestions:

Maximus Decimus Meridius
King Adam
Sister (suggested by our soon to be 2 yr. old niece Macey)
Jesus (with a Spanish pronunciation)
King MJ (presumably meaning King Maximus Jesus, with Spanish pronunciation on Jesus)
Bronco
Ryan the Second Smith
Jordan Jordan Smith
Travis Poopface

Despite all the wonderful suggestions, almost all of which we gave serious consideration to, we have chosen to name him Graham Wesley Smith.


8 comments:

Anna said...

that's awesome! congrats to both of you. He's adorable. I love the name choice (but I may still call him King MJ) :) See you at Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

There's always the next one...

Pederson Seven said...

Sweet shoes Graham.
I love him already.
Krystal

Jandi said...

I love Graham! I love Graham! I love Graham!

Unknown said...

love it! congrats! I'm so happy for you both!

Britt said...

I really really like Graham Wesley. I read a book with a guy named Wesley and he was wonderful. Great names, he'll be a great guy I am sure! Can't wait to meet him!

Ylfe said...

I love that name! he is so handsome and precious. I can't wait to see him in person.

Adam Smth said...

I don't suppose you will mind if I just call him Grammers?