Friday, August 17, 2012

The Piano


Ryan started a website called stayweirdboise.com. One of his ideas to promote the website was to buy a piano ($25 on craigslist thank you very much), paint it and make it cool then drop it off on a patio downtown as a public piano. We worked on it for a week and dropped it off last night at Aspen Leaf Yogurt. The yogurt shop was very excited to be the host for this awesome piano.

And the crowds have gone wild! I guess last night there ended up being a little mini concert by the piano including dancing. Within minutes of setting it up a guy rode by on his bike, did a double take, turned around and sat down and played for an hour.

Ryan just did an interview with one of the new stations about it.We are going down tonight. I can't wait to see it in action. Here are some piano transformation pictures...

Before

 After


Chalk for the sides, back and under the keys.

 I'm all about the personal touches. I just had to have their little hands and feet somewhere on it.

 




 He is sad that the piano is no longer in the garage but he is pretty excited to go see it downtown tonight.


 p.s. check out the website. www.stayweirdboise.com

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Ummm that is SO COOL! I love it! What an awesome idea!!!

Unknown said...

Danielle! I don't know if you will see this but I looked up your piano when we were done to show Ryan. I remembered it looking awesome. We were both pretty jealous of how gorgeous your piano turned out. You are such an artist! We got the idea from downtown Denver's 16th street.

Pederson Seven said...

I AM LOVING THIS!
krystal

Britt said...

Very clever!!

Cori Shaw, MS, RD said...

i forgot i wanted to comment on this but i was at work when i read it and it wouldnt let me! this is such a cool idea! and i cant believe you got it for $25!!!
thanks for your kind words in your comment on my blog! I got that dress at H&M. Do they have that in Idaho?